Friday 19 February 2016

Prep For "No Technology Day"

As we all know technology plays a huge role in our lives. You could say that its technology that makes the world go round. People these days expect to be able to communicate with others at any given moment. Whereas back in the day it would have been every few days or even over a year in some circumstances. With such easy access to technology we do tend to take it for granted.

So to show how much our lives are given to technology, as a class next week we will all be taking part in a "No Technology Day". What does this consist of? Well this means from the second I wake Tuesday morning I can’t use my phone, my laptop or even watch TV. It even comes down to not using the microwave for food so hopefully I will remember to take out the food that morning to defrost. But on a scale of 1 to 10, (10 being difficult) I would say 10 is where Tuesday will be at. Out of the items I have mentioned above I feel that no TV will be the hardest. Like even if you’re not watching TV it’s still on in the background for noise.



To prepare myself for the day I plan to print out all the documents needed to finish off my Branding and Packaging report as it is due 2 days after. This might case difficulty as I will not be able to do research if needed on the day. Or even keep in contact with the group as it is a group report. As for what to do when I'm left with no TV, a book? I do have a book ("Life's that way" by Jim Beaver) that I keep meaning to finish. So this could be the day to get it done and finally be happy that I have completed it. No internet I think I could do as I only really browse when there is nothing else to do so if I keep busy I should be fine, hopefully. I guess we will find out how it goes next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment